Online Sports Betting Canada Guide
Sportsbetting in Canada is very popular and there are lots of great sites that will allow you to place real money bets from the comfort of your own home. You can bet on all your favorite sports including NFL, basketball, tennis, boxing, soccer, and so much more. On this page of our site we are going to cover the different types of sports Canadians can bet on, how to find a good sportsbook, and the types of bets that are available in Canada.
Types of Sports You Can Bet On
You can literally bet on any sport you want if you find the right sportsbook. All Canadian betting sites will cover the four major North American sports including baseball, basketball, football, and hockey. You'll find betting lines for them all including point spreads, money lines, totals, and Canadian lines for every major league game. Most sportsbooks will also offer special deals and promotions that can include Free Bets And Deposit Bonuses, so be sure to check these out. Sports you can bet on include:
- Soccer: You can bet on all the international leagues including UEFA Cup, Champions League, FA Premiership, and more.
- Football: Bet on all the NFL games and get great markets for all the season games as well as great Super Bowl odds.
- Hockey:Bet on all the NHL games. Hockey is the most popular sport in Canada and fans love nothing more than to place wagers throughout the season. Most sportsbooks will offer markets on who will reach the play-offs and which team will win the Stanley Cup.
- Basketball: NBA betting is available in both pre-match and in-play markets. With the fast nature of the game live betting is really popular and there are excellent moneylines available.
- Tennis: Includes all the major tournaments like Wimbledon, the French Open, Australian Open, and more.
- Cricket: Markets are available for all Test Matches and you can place bets on a wide range of things including each team to win, highest scoring batsman or bowler, and more.
- Boxing: Boxing and UFC are very popular with fighters such as Georges St. Pierre and Conor McGregor. You'll find betting markets for all the major fights and events with great odds.
- Baseball: Bet on all the Canadian league games with great odds.
- Horseracing: bet on all the activity at Canadian race tracks along with major international horse racing events including Cheltenham, the Grand National, Queen's Plate, and the Kentucky Derby.
Find a Canadian Sportsbook
Finding a sportsbook to bet at is easy. Finding a good sportsbook is a little bit harder. There are lots of sites that review and rate Canadian sportsbook and let you know what's good and what's not. http://www.grizzlygambling.com/sports-betting-canada/ is a good example.
Here's a list of our recommended features when looking for a top Canadian sports book.
- Play in Canadian Dollars: You should be able to deposit, withdraw, and place bets in CAD.
- Safe and Secure: The sportsbook should be licensed and regulated.
- Mobile Betting: You should be able to place your bets on the go using all mobile devices including iPhone, iPad, Android smartphones and tablets.
- Live In-Play Betting: A good sportsbook will offer live betting where you get to watch the sporting events and place bets with ever changing odds as the game plays out.
- Canada Friendly Banking Methods: The payment methods offered should be safe, secure, and convenient for Canadian bettors. They should also offer fast and easy withdrawals too.
- Bonuses and Promotions: Welcome bonuses such as free bets and deposit deals should be available as well as regular promotions for all bettors.
- Sports and Odds: There should be plenty of variety and multiple betting markets for each sport.
- Reputation: When you sign up with an online sportsbook you need to make sure they have a proven track record and that they are trustworthy.
Types of Sports Bets in Canada
Canadian bettors have a lot of choice when it comes to the types of bets they can place. There are outright match or game bets that can be placed as single or parlays. Below we have more information on the types of bets that you can place.
Point Spread: This is where the sportsbook will list a favorite and an underdog for the game. They also pick a number for which each team must win by. This type of bet is Very Popular In NFL and NBA and includes handicaps.
Run Line: This type of bet is used in baseball and there are always great odds on the outright markets.
Puck Line: This is used in hockey.
Totals: This is another very popular bet type. The sportsbook publishes a line for the total amount of points/runs/goals in a game and you bet on whether it will be above or below. This is often called over/under.
Moneyline: This is the easiest bet to make and you are placing your money on the team you think will win the game. The odds vary and there are no handicaps involved.
There are three main way to bet. Pre-Match bets let you place your bet on who you think will be the winner before the game starts. In-Play betting is where you place your bets while the game is taking place. There are hundreds of different markets to choose from and the odds change as the game plays out. Ante Post bets allow you to bet on events over the course of the entire season such as who you think will win the Stanley Cup or make the Play-Offs before the season even begins. These are often called future bets.